Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Donate Life NW's Annual Lifesaver's Breakfast

It just happens to be good timing that Donate Life NW's annual Lifesaver's Breakfast always lands within days of my Transplantaversary. I attended my first Lifesaver's Breakfast five years ago, just a week before donation and I cried like a baby for the entirety of the event. I assumed it was my nerves making me so emotional, but again this morning every speaker evoked tears from yours truly. The MC was local news host Sally Showman had me crying five minutes into the event, followed by always touching words from Donate Life NW's Director Mary Jane Hunt. But the big crying spell came from the touching keynote presentation from Jennifer Browning.

It's important to remember that registering to be an organ donor doesn't only impact the person that could one day receive your organs - that simple act can impact dozens of people and in Jennifer's case - hundreds of people. She is doing lifesaving work everyday and making a difference for those facing organ donation in Oregon. Excellent presentation Jennifer - you are a stunning representative of the power of organ donation!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for share...

maggie.danhakl@healthline.com said...

Hi,

Healthline.com recently launched a free interactive "Human Body Maps" tool. I thought your readers would be interested in our body map of the kidney: http://www.healthline.com/human-body-maps/kidney

It would be much appreciated if you could include this tool on http://onekidneysjourney.blogspot.com/ and / or share with friends and followers. Please let me know if you have any questions.


Thank you in advance.
Warm Regards,

Maggie Danhakl- Assistant Marketing Manager
p: 415-281-3124 f: 415-281-3199

Healthline Networks, Inc. * Connect to Better Health
660 Third Street, San Francisco, CA 94107 www.healthline.com